Students who have previously studied Chinese and wish to enroll in a course above CHS 101 need to take the placement test.
Monday, August 31, 2015
10:00 am-12:00 pm (noon)
B104 Wells Hall
If the test is needed after this date (i.e. spring semester enrollment), contact Cindy Walter at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
To take the placement test, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following information:
1. FAMILY NAME, given name
2. E-mail address
3. Name(s) of school(s) where you studied Chinese
4. Level(s) of Chinese courses you have taken; e.g. 1st year, 2nd year
5. How many HOURS per week each of the classes met
6. Names of the textbooks used
7. Level in which you hope to place
8. Other information you'd like us to have, such as experience in China
Based on the results of your placement test, the instructors will decide what level of Chinese course for you to take, and you must follow their decision.
Although you may be allowed to tentatively register for Chinese language courses at AOP, you must still take the placement test on the date scheduled, and drop and add courses as recommended by the instructors, based on your results on the test.